Located on the East Coast of the South Island, New Zealand, Christchurch City is often called the Gateway to the South Island. There is nowhere else in the world where within two hours of an international airport you can ski at a world class alpine resort, play golf, bungy jump, go rafting, mountain biking, hot-air ballooning, wind surfing, whale watching and visit world class wineries and gardens.
The city centre is comfortingly compact and the most delightful central feature is the gently winding Avon River. On its grassy banks lined with poplars and weeping willows, office workers and visitors join street entertainers, seagulls and ducks for lunch in the sun.
If you are interested in enjoying some activities while staying with us, this link will show you what is available: www.seedostay.co.nz
Whats happening in Christchurch
Over the past 2 years Christchurch City has seen many changes. There are now exciting retail outlets and restaurants popping up around the city Click here to see what has recently popped up around the city.
Annual events around Christchurch include the World Buskers Festival, Ellerslie Flower Show, and the annual Cup and Show week.
Other things to see and do around Christchurch include:
- Visit the Christchurch Farmers Market
- View Christchurch from the Christchurch Gondala
- A trip to the International Antarctic Centre
- Dine out at some of the many venues around The Garden City The city is spoilt for choice when it come to selecting where to dine and what to eat. There is a large select of varied eateries which include casual neighbourhood eateries, family restaurants, fine dining establishments. A great selection for business meeting or entertaining with a group of friends.
- The Canterbury Art and Culture scene is diverse. There are many venues to indulge your own artistic and cultural passional. The Court Theatre is now based in Addington and puts on some great shows.
- There is plenty to see or do . Christchurch city caters for both the holiday travellers or the busy corporate. Alison and Neville will only be to pleased to assist you with ideas of local activities.
- Take time to head out to the Riccarton Markets - the biggest market of its kind in New Zealand. Every Sunday 9am - 2pm
Food and Coffee
Dine out at some of the many venues around The Garden City The city is spoilt for choice when it come to selecting where to dine and what to eat
Shopping and Township
Over the past 2 years Christchurch City has seen many changes. There are now exciting retail outlets and restaurants popping up around the city Click here to see what has recently popped up around the city